We welcome as members of the Australian Network for Spiritual Direction (“ANSD”) all who are interested in the spiritual journey – those attracted to spiritual direction and those qualified as spiritual directors and or supervisors.
- Ongoing resources, care, nurture and encouragement from a like-minded community of people interested in spiritual direction and companionship both regionally and nationally;
- Professional development opportunities and enrichment for those practicing in the ministry of spiritual direction and supervision;
- National annual gatherings – a conference two out of every three years at locations across the country, and a national symposium in the third year;
- Support for national, regional and local formation programs; and
- Three online newsletters each year featuring current thinking and practices in Spiritual Direction and Supervision and creative work from members.
Members benefits include:
- Access to the ANSD Journal, called Coolamon;
- A potential opportunity to have your name included in a list of spiritual directors and/or supervisors which is available in the public domain to all seekers. Note that this is a service ANSD offers its members. The application process has been designed with specific legal advice with the view to minimising opportunities from harm; and
- Participation in a vibrant and dynamic national community.
Become a member of ANSD:
The membership year is from May 1 – April 30. The cost of individual annual membership is $60 for waged people and $45 for unwaged. There are discounted rates for two and five year membership, for joint membership, for students and members of some other orgainsations. For details, please contact the Treasurer.
We require that members who are practicing as spiritual directors agree to abide by the Code of Ethics issued by the Australian Ecumenical Council of Spiritual Directors. If a member can no longer abide by this Code of Ethics, it is incumbent on the member to advise the Membership Secretary.