The ANSD Journal: Coolamon
Coolamon is a vessel used by Indigenous people across the Australian continent, holding the elements needed to sustain the community as it moves from one place to another.
It contains what is precious so its contents may be carried, moved around, shared, passed on, celebrated and savoured.
ANSD’s Journal, Coolamon, seeks to be such a container for the ANSD community as it companions those on their spiritual journey.
Order a hard copy of Coolamon Spring 2020 here.
Click here for most recent issue online issue of Coolamon
Member log in required
Call for submissions
Submissions for the next issue are due 15 October 2021
Call for Reviewers
We are looking to expand our team of peer reviewers and encourage all who are interested in finding out how to support Coolamon in this way to contact the Coolamon Editorial Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coolamon seeks to be a vessel that carries and shares wisdom, inspiration and fosters connection among the spiritual direction community.
To produce a journal which:
- Nurtures, inspires and informs ANSD members, and thereby supports the ANSD mission to foster SD as a vital ministry in the continuing transformation of all people. See Mission of ANSD
- Supports professional development of spiritual directors in Australia.
- Provides a platform from which the wisdom and insight of the ANSD community might be shared; where we listen to each other as we each seek to develop our capacity to listen to others and to God.
- To be an inspiration to spiritual directors and to share the wisdom and insight God gives them as they reflect on Scripture, life and creation and on their practice of giving and receiving spiritual direction.
- To increase the sense of connection within the spiritual direction community as we learn from each other.
- To support increased professional competence among spiritual directors.
- To be beautifully presented, in artwork, layout and language, so as to be a blessing to all who receive it.
- To unearth some of the deep wisdom held in the spiritual direction community and make it available to all readers.
- To assist in discernment of the movement of God’s Spirit within spiritual direction practice particularly in Australia and the southern hemisphere.
- To honour diversity and to respect individuals by publishing material from a variety of perspectives (aligned with the aims and values of ANSD and the journal).
There are many ways for you to be involved in or contribute to Coolamon.
In particular we are looking to expand our team of peer reviewers and encourage all who are interested in finding out how to support Coolamon in this way to contact the Coolamon Editorial Team at: email@example.com